Early Learners Tutoring
Give your child the opportunity to get ahead before they’ve even begun!
Children experience critical cognitive development during their first few years of life. Young children who receive high quality education early on are less likely to repeat grades, need special education, or drop out of school. Our tutors make early learning fun and engaging so your students can start school with confidence.
- What do you work on in a typical session? Our sessions cover the fundamentals of reading, writing, and basic math. We use a combination of worksheets, interactive games and computer programs to ensure that students stay engaged throughout the session.
- How long are your sessions? For this age group, sessions are 45 minutes long with a 15 minutes parent-tutor conference built into each session.
- Do you recommend any online reading programs? Yes, we can include HeadSprout in your K-Readiness package at no extra charge. This interactive online program helps students learn new words and sound combinations in a fun and engaging way.
- Do you tutor 3 and 4-year-old students? We recommend enrolling your students only once they have no trouble concentrating for a full 45 minute session.
Bryce attended Santa Clara University and graduated with an English Literature major and a History minor. He has always had an equal love of reading and writing fiction, which he fulfilled with his emphasis in Creative Writing. He has also studied Spanish and French and traveled to France and England twice. Bryce likes to make the humanities as easy and interesting as he can for students of all ages!
- Ask for Bryce if...
- You need help with reading comprehension at any level
- You are taking an English Literature class
- You have to write an essay for any subject
- You need to study reading and English for the STAR or ISEE Lower Level tests
- You need math help for grades 1 - 5
- You are studying US History, World History, Geography, or cultural studies
- You are working on a creative writing project
Joanna earned her M.S. in Statistics from San Jose State University. She has several years of experience helping students learn about her favorite subject - math! She loves sharing ideas with students and learning from them as well. Her favorite hobbies are traveling and sketching.
Ask for Joanna if...
- You are getting ready for Kindergarten or Elementary School
- You are studying math from Kindergarten through Algebra 1
- You are taking Calculus (AB) or Statistics
- You are taking the ERB, STAR, ISEE, SSAT or HSPT
Maria attended Notre Dame de Namur University where she earned her Bachelor's Degree in Biochemistry. She plans to go to medical school once she has completed her pre-med certification. Maria loves reading, painting, dancing, and inventing new recipes! Maria is a seasoned traveler and has been to exciting places like France, China, and Japan.
Ask for Maria If...
- You’re learning to read for the first time or getting ready for Kindergarten
- You need help in any Elementary or Middle School subjects
- You are taking the ERB, STAR, ISEE, SSAT, or HSPT
- You are taking Biology or AP Bio
- You are taking Chemistry or AP Chem
- You are taking Anatomy or Environmental Sciences
- You are taking Math from K through Pre-Calc
- You are taking Statistics
- You are taking any History, Geography, Econ, or Government course (including AP)
- You need help on a writing assignment