Front Desk HOURS for Spring Semester (1/8/18 - 6/1/18):
- Sundays: 12 - 7 pm
- Monday - Thursday: 1 - 8 pm
- Fridays & Saturdays: By appointment only (no managers in office)
Front Desk HOURS for Summer Semester (6/4/18 - 8/16/18):
- Monday - Thursday: 12 - 5 pm
- Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays: By appointment only (no managers in office)
- What makes Academic Trainers different? Our tutors take a holistic approach to helping students build understanding and confidence in an effort to encourage life-long learning. Since 2001, Academic Trainers has offered custom 1:1 lesson plans, flexible scheduling, expert tutors and friendly front desk service. We specialize in helping students prepare for private school entrance exams like the ISEE/SSAT/HSPT.
- What qualifications do your tutors have? Our tutors have all earned at least a Bachelor's degree and must have previous tutoring experience to work at Academic Trainers. Many of our tutors are working towards Master's degrees, Ph.D.'s or medical school programs.
- Does my child have to complete a test before he/she sees a tutor? No! Unless you're doing test prep, our one-on-one tutoring is personalized to students’ individual needs. Rather than making students take a one-size-fits all test, we encourage students, tutors and parents to work together in determining what they want to accomplish.
- Do you have tips for the first session? We highly encourage parents to meet with the tutor for 10 - 15 minutes of the first session to ensure that your student has the best possible experience. You are welcome to contact us anytime with suggestions for your student's session(s).
- How will I find out about my student's progress?
Our tutors will email you an e-report about the session within 24 hours as well.
- Do you offer in-home tutoring? We do not offer any in-home tutoring. All sessions take place at 1075 Curtis St., Menlo Park, CA 94025.
- Do you offer online tutoring? At this time, we do not offer any online tutoring.
- Do you tutor students with learning disabilities? We have worked with many students who have learning disabilities and have seen great results. We do not specialize in diagnosing or treating learning disabilities, but we have helped many students find better ways to approach their school work and gain more confidence in their academic ability.
- What is your cancellation policy? If you would like to make any changes to your appointment(s), please let us know more than 24 hours in advance since we still pay our tutors for their time within that window.
- How do you prioritize scheduling requests? We give scheduling priority to students who continue to work with our tutors each week during the academic year. We strive to accommodate all scheduling requests and will do our best to offer options that align with your student's needs whenever possible.