To get the most out of their tutoring sessions, we recommend that students practice their skills outside of Academic Trainers for at least 15 - 20 minutes per day if possible.
In addition our test prep books and vocabulary flashcards, we recommend the following resources:
- Quizlet.com - Search for "Official Academic Trainers" to find the Official Academic Trainers Vocabulary and Root Words lists.
- Freerice.com - Great for daily vocab practice!
- Worldly Wise - Learn vocabulary by reading words in-context.
- Newsela.com: This site offers age-appropriate news articles with scalable wordcounts and mini quizzes to test reading comprehension.
- Suggested Reading List (Lower Level ISEE) - Download PDF
Suggested Reading List (Upper Level ISEE) - Download PDF
- Sumdog.com - Create a free account to practice math in a fun and engaging way.
- IXL.com - Select your grade level and receive 20 questions free per day.
Additional Test Prep Resources:
- Please download our information packet for more detailed information about the ISEE, SSAT and HSPT.
- Kaplan (ISEE/SSAT) and Kaplan (HSPT)
- Barron's (ISEE/SSAT) and Barron's (HSPT)
- Ivy Global (ISEE/SSAT)
- Princeton (ISEE/SSAT) and Princeton (HSPT)
- Cardinal (ISEE/SSAT/HSPT)
- Official SSAT Study Guide
- REA (HSPT)